With countless visas to apply for, it’s challenging to determine which one is best for you. For such reasons, our Chicago immigration attorneys have put together everything you should know about O-1 visas to determine if it’s the right visa for you.
At Panteva Law Group, LLC, we are dedicated to the success and empowerment of our clients. We handle complex employment immigration cases to help families and employees obtain the results they seek. If you aren’t sure which visa is right for you, our team is here to help you.
Contact our Chicago O-1 visa attorneys today at (312) 471-0014 or contact us online to schedule a virtual consultation!
What Is An O-1 Visa?
The O-1 visa is for individuals who pose extraordinary abilities in:
- Or athletics
Those who demonstrate remarkable achievement in motion-picture, or the television industry also qualify for an O-1 visa. There are four non-immigrant classifications for O visas.
The four O classifications include the following:
- O-1A visa: This visa is for individuals who have an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics.
- O-1B visa: This visa is for individuals who have an extraordinary achievement in motion-picture or the television industry.
- O-2 visa: This visa is for individuals who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or performance. This visa requires that they be an essential part of the O-1 applicant’s performance.
- O-3 visa: This visa is for spouses or children of O-1 applicants.
What Are the Qualifications for O-1 Visas?
To qualify for an O-1 visa, the applicant needs to demonstrate extraordinary ability by showing that they have sustained national or international recognition. Their stay in the United States must also be temporary to work in the area of extraordinary ability.
What Does “Extraordinary Abilities” Mean?
It’s often difficult for applicants to identify if they have the “extraordinary abilities” required by O-1 visas. The best way is to determine if the applicant is one the small percentage of people who have exceeded in their field is by showing their high level of achievement with a degree or award. They need to be renowned, leading, or well-known in the industry.
The applicant will need to provide evidence like:
- Significant research
- Or degrees to show that they are qualified
Call Our Chicago O-1 Visa Immigration Attorneys: (312) 471-0014!
If you want to apply for an O-1 visa, our Chicago immigration lawyers are here to help you. Our team has the skills, experience, and resources needed to help you obtain your desired outcome.
Our role is to be the trusted advisor in some of the most important aspects of a prospective immigrant’s life, including:
- Where they can build their life
- How they can advance their career
- Where they can marry
- And when their family can join them
We are here to help you with your immigration process from beginning to end. In light of the current health crisis, we will be providing virtual consultations via phone or email.
Contact our Chicago O-1 visa lawyers today at (312) 471-0014 or contact us online to schedule a consultation!