Skip to Content
O-1 Visa

O-1 Visa Attorney in Chicago

Work with a Skilled Illinois Immigration Lawyer Nationwide

To obtain an O-1 visa to come to the United States, those who are considered to have extraordinary abilities and have been recognized on a national or international level for their achievements in:

  • Athletics
  • The sciences
  • Education
  • Art
  • Motion pictures
  • Television
  • Or business

If you are seeking an O-1 visa or you are seeking to help a prospective employee obtain the O-1 visa, count on Panteva Law Group, LLC. Our team has the skill, experience, and determination needed to see your case through to a successful resolution.

What Are the Different Types of O-1 Visas?

There are two types of O-1 visas. Both are considered non-immigrant visas, meaning they only grant temporary permission to work in the U.S.

Panteva Law Group, LLC can help you apply for an:

  • O-1A: This is for individuals who have proven extraordinary ability in athletics, business, education, or the sciences. This excludes the arts and visual entertainment industry
  • O-1B: This is for individuals who have proven extraordinary ability in the arts or have significant achievements in the television or motion picture industries
  • O-2 visa: This visa is for individuals who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or performance. This visa requires that they be an essential part of the O-1 applicant’s performance.
  • O-3 visa: This visa is for spouses or children of O-1 applicants.

Contact our O-1 Visa lawyer online or call (312) 471-0014 to learn more about the O-1 visa and whether you may qualify for it.

We speak Bulgarian, Spanish, Mandarin, and French.

What Are the Eligibility Requirements for an O-1 Visa?

To qualify for an O-1 visa, the applicant must provide evidence of their eligibility in order to come to the United States to work on a temporary basis in their area of expertise.

Depending on your field, you must prove:

  • Your extraordinary ability
  • How you excel in your specialty
  • That you have national or international recognition
  • And your stay in the U.S. must also be temporary

Some examples of acceptable evidence may include:

  • Awards
  • Ranking/title at your business
  • Outstanding or significant research
  • Certifications and degrees

What Is the Application Process for O-1 Visas?

To apply for an O-1 visa, you must file Form I-29, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, with the USCIS office. The petition can’t be filled out more than one year before the actual need for entering the U.S. The ideal time to apply for an O-1 visa is at least 90 days before the date of employment.

The application process for an O-1 visa can be complex. It’s vital to have an experienced attorney on your side who can guide you through the application process and ensure that you provide the evidence necessary to demonstrate that you are qualified for an O-1 visa. Failing to apply for the visa adequately can affect your ability to obtain the visa.

Does an O-1 Visa Lead to a Green Card?

The O-1 visa allows you to live and work in the United States and can be renewed multiple times, however, it cannot lead to permanent residency in the U.S.

In order to do so, you must change from a nonimmigrant classification to an immigrant one, such as a family based-visa or an employment-based visa category, including:

  • EB-1
  • EB-2
  • Or EB-3

To do this you will need to apply for an immigrant visa or achieve this via adjustment of status.

File Your Application with Our Chicago Employment Immigration Lawyer

It’s important to begin the petition sooner rather than later – it must be filed at least 45 days before the date of employment and a substantial amount of documentary evidence must be provided.

When you work with Panteva Law Group, LLC, you can trust that our team will take the time to understand your needs and work to find a solution that meets the requirements of ever-changing business immigration law.

Reach out to our team today to find out if we are the right fit for you. 
Call (312) 471-0014 or contact us online to speak with an O-1 visa attorney in Chicago.

Contact a Chicago Immigration Attorney Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy