Chicago Fiancé(e) Visa Attorney

Secure Your Future with the Help of Panteva Law Group, LLC

As a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a visa to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married. The fiancé(e) visa is also known as the K-1 nonimmigrant visa.

If you are hoping to be reunited with your fiancé(e) in the U.S., Panteva Law Group, LLC can help you apply for and obtain the proper visa. We are passionate about bringing families together and will do everything in our power to obtain a successful resolution on your behalf.

To learn more about the fiancé(e) visa process, contact us online or call (312) 471-0014 for a consultation. 

What Are the Requirements to Obtain the K-1 Visa?

There are certain criteria that must be met for you to be able to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States.

You may be eligible if:

  • You are a U.S. citizen
  • You intend to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of his or her arrival to the U.S.
  • You are legally free to marry – any previous marriages must have been terminated
  • You have a valid relationship and are not getting married solely for the immigration benefit
  • You have met your fiancé(e) in person at least once within the last two years (certain religious and hardship exemptions exist for this requirement)

After getting married, your fiancé(e) can apply for a green card. If your fiancé(e) has children who are unmarried and under the age of 21, you may be able to bring them to the U.S. on a K-2 nonimmigrant visa.

What are the steps toward receiving a fiancé(e) visa?

If you have determined that you and your fiancé(e) are eligible for a K-1 visa, you can apply following the process outline below:

  1. File Form I-129F
  2. File Form DS-160
  3. Attend the visa interview and pay the fee
  4. Come to the U.S. for marriage

If you are interested in learning more about this process, our immigration attorneys at Panteva Law Group, LLC can help. Contact our fiancé(e) visa attorneys today!

How long does it take for a fiancé(e) visa to be approved?

Exact processing times for the K-1 visa application can vary, but usual wait times are between 6 and 9 months. The time that it takes for the government to approve your application to your via interview date will differ depending on the country you are applying from. 

To get started on your application, please call our Chicago fiancé(e) visa lawyer at (312) 471-0014 or contact us online. We speak Bulgarian, Spanish, Mandarin, and French.

Learn How Our Chicago Immigration Lawyer Can Help Your Family Today

Whatever your situation requires, you can count on our firm to explore all your options and work with you to determine a viable solution. Panteva Law Group, LLC is here to walk you through every step of the process and provide you with straightforward communication.

Where other law firms see difficulty, we see opportunity. We are passionate about applying the law to your case in a way that best meets your needs. Don’t be intimidated by the complexities of family immigration law. Trust your case to our experienced Chicago immigration lawyer.

We can help reunite you with your fiancé(e) in the U.S. Get started on your case by calling (312) 471-0014 or contact us online today.

Contact a Chicago Immigration Attorney Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy